1963 Hydrodyne Boat Cover

Discussion in 'Questions/Comments' started by saltman, Sep 15, 2020.

1. saltman

saltman New Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1963 Hydrodyne
    Hey All,

My original boat cover for my 1963 Hydrodyne has finally bit it. It had the snaps all in the correct places etc. Has anyone replaced their cover? Do you have any recommendations? Should I find a custom place to recreate it, or is there a good generic one?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. 2MERCS

2MERCS Administrator

Boat Model and Year:
    1973 Hydrodyne 18 w/Twin 1150 Mercs
    Since you don’t have a ski bar a generic one would probably be the most cost effective. The overall shape is not much different from any other boat.

but if you still have the old one and it’s in somewhat copiable shape that might be the way to go. Building a pattern is one of the most expensive parts.

Daniel

3. saltman

saltman New Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1963 Hydrodyne
    Thanks Daniel, do you have a boat cover brand you would recommend? I'm still a newbie to boating in a lot of ways.

4. Phil Klass

Phil Klass Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    Hydrodyne Flat Top 1969
    Saltman,
    Have you found a replacement?
    Phil

5. Phil Klass

Phil Klass Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    Hydrodyne Flat Top 1969
    While waiting for your reply, which never came, I checked with someone I know that makes custom canvas items to see if he would be interested in helping you. He said using a template wouldn't work in any way that you end up with a quality cover. There are too many factors given the unpredictable way the canvas can shrink if trying to use the template. He said he would be very expensive for this job but recommended Kendor in Franklin WI.