hydrodine 18 Big block ford! with pics

Discussion in 'Hydrodyne® Boats' started by dynebigblock, Jun 21, 2010.

1. dynebigblock

dynebigblock

Boat Model and Year:
    ????
    I just picked up an 18 that i know nothing about other than it has a ford big block in it... Any help on this thing would be great! It has no ID plate on it i would like to figure out a rough year on it. I assume the engine is a modification and not stock. like i said any info on it would help.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. PJP

PJP

Not being a Ford man is a 351 a big block? What displacement do you think it is? Must be heavy in the back end.

3. dynebigblock

dynebigblock

Boat Model and Year:
    ????
    I believe it is a 351.. Im not really a ford person either but that is what i was told it was. I am sure it is a little heavy on the back side. I was also told the motor is built rather nicely too but seeing as it hasnt seen water since 1998 Im not even sure it will turn over..

4. kcskier

kcskier Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    none
    Ski Team:
    waterhawks
    Well here is the thing with ford, yes they made a big block 351(cleaveland) and yes they did make a small block 351(windsor). The big block has alot more appeal but it is at least 3 times as expensive to work on or have built. If it is the big block you made a killer find, if it is the small block still a great motor that should give you hours of fun and tons of power.

5. kcskier

kcskier Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    none
    Ski Team:
    waterhawks
    It is very hard to tell from the pictures but simply looking at the engine I would guesss it to be the cleaveland. NICE SCORE!