Just Picked up a project

Discussion in 'Restoration Projects & Questions' started by intotwin's, Oct 11, 2011.

1. dynebob1

dynebob1 Boat of the Month

Boat Model and Year:
    1998 18 OB RUA- 250XS.and 1997 Twin Rig /225 optis
    Looks like your camera is only allowing 1/3 of your pictures to develope. It's hard to see what your are trying to describe. The beer cans did come out nicely however.

Bob

2. intotwin's

intotwin's Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    89 Twin Rig, 75 18' Crosby
    Ski Team:
    Minaquabats
    Lets try this picture

Attached Files:

3. intotwin's

intotwin's Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    89 Twin Rig, 75 18' Crosby
    Ski Team:
    Minaquabats
    These are wheel weights that where under the floor

Attached Files:

4. DanielC

DanielC Established Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1987 Hydrodyne
    Ski Team:
    PDX Water Spectacula
    I have replaced the floor on two Hydrodyne twin rigs so far. I believe that is most of the Hydrodyne twin rigs west of the Rockie mountains.

Just because the top of the stringers look good, do not assume the bottom of them are. The fiberglass that holds the stringers on the floor of the boat, also traps water on the bottom of them. Both boats I replaced the floor on, the top of the stringers looked good, and were rotten on the bottom.

It looks like the previous replacement on the floor used a 4' x 8' piece of plywood, the long way on the floor of the boat, and filled the edges to the hull with about 6" strips. I used plywood cut down to fit the boat from side to side. you will need three pieces of plywood. The two 4 foot pieces closest to the stern, you will have about a three foot piece of scrap. The front two pieces can be cut from one 4' x 8' piece of plywood.