1960 Hydrodyne California

Discussion in 'Hydrodyne® Boats' started by Marc H, Feb 24, 2018.

1. BEFU-Brian

BEFU-Brian Established Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    86 Formula 272LS, 1963 17' Hydrodyne custom deluxe
    I find it interesting the differences in these boats. I see yours has the no slip texture on the back deck by the scoop, where mine has the simulated wood plank caulk lines. And the raised engine hatch is odd, where mine sits flush and the caulk lines run up onto the scoop portion.

I do laugh at the mold details in these things. Having worked in the pattern and mold industry as a youth for gopher labor, the glaring 1/8" mold seams really stand out. But that is how it was done back then, so why change it. Part of the look I guess.

2. Marc H

Marc H Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1960 Hydrodyne
    Brian, post some pics with model year and any other info you have!

3. Marc H

Marc H Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1960 Hydrodyne
    I am going to post more detailed pictures of the restoration work... You can tell the level of detail we chose to take by the photos.

Attached Files:

4. Marc H

Marc H Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1960 Hydrodyne
    outdrive removal

Attached Files:

5. Marc H

Marc H Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1960 Hydrodyne
    wired in a 12v adapter to charge the Bluetooth speaker and cell phone (didn't want to cut a hole and put a stereo in the the boat). Hidden under the dash. Also added insulated wiring connectors. The entire dash can be unplugged and removed quickly by disconnecting a few connectors.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  6. Marc H

Marc H Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1960 Hydrodyne
    fiberglassed new runners beneath the floor and fiberglass resin'd the floor before installation and later coated with the KiwiGrip marine deck texture.

Attached Files:

7. BEFU-Brian

BEFU-Brian Established Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    86 Formula 272LS, 1963 17' Hydrodyne custom deluxe
    I will get more photos posted on my restoration thread soon, especially as I start to do more cleaning and detail work on it over the winter. 24 pages there already of my rebuild, I really don't want to clutter up your thread with my photos. tj309 has a heck of a rebuild log up there also, more post than my thread has.

3.5 years into this and I have to read my own thread to even remember what I have done! It has been fun though, want to go run it again this week if it stops raining.

8. Marc H

Marc H Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1960 Hydrodyne
    I just caught wind of your thread. Looks great, you really had to go through a lot to get the boat back in shape. Luckily our boat was stored in the CA/AZ desert and was dry by the time it came out of the water. Our transom is in near perfect condition due to the dry conditions it was used/stored in. Thank you for directing us toward your thread and others on the hydrodyner site. We haven't dug through the site much. Happy boating!

9. Rockosocko

Rockosocko Hydrodyner

Marc. I'll PM you also, but What would you charge for another 'file' sent out to lil ol me?
    LOVE the pics and JUST NOW got mine home from 'buddys' place.
    Thought it was in better shape. . Oh well, would love more info from your manuals, like where the would usually
    put the HIN/VIN, serial number etc..

Thanks and Beautiful boat!! Hope mine will look half as nice.

E

10. Marc H

Marc H Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1960 Hydrodyne
    I sent you a PM with the information. Let me know if you got it. Also, upload some pictures of your boat!