1962 Hydrodyne tilt/trim system?

Discussion in 'Restoration Projects & Questions' started by waldo, Aug 6, 2016.

1. waldo

waldo Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1962 Hydrodyne Delux 1700 / 1965 Hydrodyne 1700
    Thanks to all for making this a great resource for us newbies! I have recently acquired a 1962 1700 Hydrodyne Deluxe with a Volvo AQ100 Outdrive System. I am continuing restoration started by the previous owner, but need help in understanding what appears to be a tilt or trim system designated as a Morse Control System type
    M1. Does anyone out there know how this operates, how to trouble shoot and how to set it up and bleed the system? It operates from a single handled pump with a single hydraulic line attached to the steering tube cylinder. Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

Attached Files:

2. frikkyboy

frikkyboy New Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1962 Hydrodyne Volvo Inboard
    Wow, I have a 63(I think) and I don't have anything like that. I don't know if that's original equipment. Never seen anything like it. I have a rope I rigged myself to lift the old AQ100 up. Where is the handpump mounted...or is it even mounted? Sorry i can't help, good luck.

3. Brian Belanger

Brian Belanger New Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    Hydrodyne 1966
    I would question if that was somebody's fix for a failed pump, I have a 1966 with the AQ100, and trying to resolve the same issue, my original pump was definetly factory but it seized up and I can't get replacement parts, thought about using a trim tab pump.