1962 hydrodyne

Discussion in 'Hydrodyne® Boats' started by thomas, Feb 10, 2016.

1. thomas

thomas Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    hydrodyne ?
    for sale, got to go, will sell as one piece or will part out. 110hp Volvo twin carb turns over with battery, has shock absorber front seat and rear bench seat. good windshield steering wheel. instrument panel. deck hardware. will be cut up and made into yard art and pier furniture in march. located in west tenn. 38079. parts plus shipping. 7314421924

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  2. BEFU-Brian

BEFU-Brian Established Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    86 Formula 272LS, 1963 17' Hydrodyne custom deluxe
    To bad you are so far away, not planning on being in Tennessee until later spring. Even then, it is southern central to visit family by Lawrenceburg. If it does get scrapped out I would be interested in some parts.

order of interest, depending on price and shipping cost of course:
    R-zeppa unit (CV or U-joint) on outdrive.
    Hydrodyne emblem from rear side (need one)
    Prop, depending on condition, LH rotation and 3 blade. (need a spare)
    Aluminum side trim: port side, middle rail. Mine is dinged from bumping a dock.
    (The rest gets harder or more expensive to ship....
    Outdrive (Have 2, but you never know and it might not have much value)
    Windshields, side curved pieces. Mine are decent, but have a small crack in each one. Not sure how yours are or how they have weathered.
    Your dashplate looks nice. mine has two extra holes drilled in it for toggle switches. They didn't even drill them even to each other.... kids! LOL.

I know someone else here was looking for a rear seat like you have. Definitely save the steering wheel. That is the same one I have and it gets a lot of comments just sitting in the garage! If the motor runs, that is worth something. Mine turned over real easy with a wrench. Starter even worked and cranked it over. But no compression, pistons were shot from detonation / rust and finding 1.8L volvo pistons is about impossible. Ended up buying a rebuilt 2.0L for it as it is the same block.

As cool as these things are, I am surprised they are not worth more. I picked mine up for $500 on a trailer with new tires, was complete. I was only one who made an offer. There is another one that has been for sale a long time up in Grand Rapids less than 3 hours from me. Has been asking $400 for it on a trailer, but it is pretty sad. Deck hardware is pitted, prop is broke, no interior, windshield is one piece and cracked right down the middle, filled with snow and looks rotted. Even the lenses from the bow and stern lights are gone. About only thing that might be good on it is the drive and hardware, and the dashboard instrument plate looks unmolested. other than that it is a bigger project than mine is!

3. thomas

thomas Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    hydrodyne ?
    I got a couple people interested in buying the whole boat, if they don't i'll let you know. thanks, tom.

4. mark rohrer

mark rohrer New Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1964 Hydrodyne
    How much for motor and out drive

5. thomas

thomas Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    hydrodyne ?
    450.00 obo

6. thomas

thomas Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    hydrodyne ?
    good prop, left hand, 125.00. instrument panel, 100.00. whole windshield, 175.00. hydrodyne emblem, 100.00. all plus shipping.

7. BEFU-Brian

Boat Model and Year:
    Sorry, but no thank you. Good luck with sales.

8. thomas

thomas Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    hydrodyne ?
    can't give it away

9. BEFU-Brian

Boat Model and Year:
    I understand, no problem and markets change due to region and season. I now have a spare prop anyways. Mine is a SMC-925 and I missed a new one that sold for about $40 on ebay, but I picked up an old dirty looking one in great shape for $53. The old volvo pin drive props pop up on ebay often, have to search for the "smc 9##" number you need. A few of the 950's on there right now, but they are a bit smaller.

With the logo worth that much, I will purchase that dyne up in Grand Rapids or use my 3D printer and just print one out. Plus get the dash plate and a few pieces of aluminum trim.

Good luck, hope it goes well for you. Still hope someone buys the whole thing to restore.

Brian

10. thomas

thomas Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    hydrodyne ?