62" Hydrodyne 17ft VIN Number

Discussion in 'Crosby Boats' started by sonblood, May 13, 2011.

1. sonblood

sonblood New Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1962 17 ft I/O
    where can i find the VIN number/hull number/serial number on my boat? I am trying to register the boat in NJ and They need a Vin Number ? Can anybody help me out?

2. cracker_barge

cracker_barge

Boat Model and Year:
    1976 Hydrodyne Flat Top
    Normally stamped into the hull, just below the deck on the starboard side of the transom.
    It may ( have seen this many times) have been glassed and or gel coated over after some repair or restoration work. I am speaking in general about this location and not positive if same would be on hydrodynes, I have a 1975 and this is my first dyne. But I have had 1/2 dozen other boats and they were all stamped in same area

3. kevinb

kevinb Elite Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1985 HD 20' I/O 350 (Yep I/O Boat #2 of maybe7?)
    Ski Team:
    NA
    Earlier boats did not have a gel coat stamp on the transom. Earlier boat had a plackard apparently; the attached link for early VIN #s is from an earlier inquiry and the response is from Jim. Take a look where indicated and give the board a report back if you find it.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=362&p=2250#p2250

Take care,

Kevinb-

4. stapletm

stapletm Established Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1970, 18' Outboard, 1974 18" Outboard
    I couldn't find one when I registered my 1970 18 footer last year, fortuneately it wasn't an issue, they transfered the licence number (which it did have) over to me, without a VIN. I believe the way they look at it here (in Canada) is ownership can be proven with a bill of sale, which they need to see (but it doesn't need a VIN, just description), and licence transfer is then completed seperately. What does your bill of sale say?

5. sonblood

sonblood New Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1962 17 ft I/O
    Thanks for the replies everyone--anyone know if early Hydrodyne I/O 's came stock with the gas tank under the bow? The 62' i bought has this, but most of the pics i've seen show the gas cap in the rear of the boat opposite the steering wheel --any thoughts? Thanks---

6. stapletm

stapletm Established Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1970, 18' Outboard, 1974 18" Outboard
    Did you end up finding the VIN? If so where?