Outboard size for my deck boat?

Discussion in 'Questions/Comments' started by Maquade, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Maquade

Maquade New Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    Hydrodyne deck boat
    Just aquired an old 20ft hydrodyne deck boat. It is set up for an outboard with controls. I'm just not sure what kind of hp I should go for. Any help or more info about the boat would be appreciated.
    20190602_142255.jpg 20190602_142255.jpg 20190602_142255.jpg

2. Phil Klass

Phil Klass Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    Hydrodyne Flat Top 1969
    Going through forum looking for posts and info on hydrodyne deck boats I came across your post. With all the info and knowledge of members I'm suprised and disappointed no one responded to you.

About 6 years ago, I saw a dyne deck boat in Tomahawk WI that had a 65 or 85 mercury on it. That boat was sold and moved on.

I own a project deck boat that I hoping to start working on in 2 years when I retire. It has a IO 160 in it. Like you, I have been contemplating what to do with mine. Make it a fishing platform deck boat or some type of cruising house boat with roof and screened in sides. It came with a weird wooden railing system and not the aluminum railings like yours and others that i have seen. Have you done anything with yours since 2019? If so, would like to see pictures. Phil