Dyna-SKi 20' Open Bow testing with a 150

Discussion in 'Dyna-Ski® Boats' started by PJP, Aug 6, 2008.

1. PJP

PJP

I thought you might find the following interesting.

I finally got my 20' Open Bow demo in the lake.

Seems like customer boats and other demo boats come first.

Boat is a 20' Open Bow white with a red stripe and a three color interior similar to the 20' Open Bow Boat on the web site. Interior colors are a little different as I recall.
    Boat has a snap on bow cover and snap on cockpit cover. This is my first snap on cockpit cover and I really like it.

The boat is powered by a 2 year old Evinrude 150 DI. It is white motor which means it is a salt water motor. The motor has around 125 hrs of use. It is from a local ski team. Smooth and pretty quiet. Full set of analog Evinrude Black Gold Gauges, an I-Command GPS Speedometer and recessed throttle control.

I had the motor installed with T & H Transom Wedges to provide a little extra usable trim range. I like being able to force the bow down a little extra but it really isn't necessary.

First prop was an Evinrude 3 bladed stainless steel 15" by 15". Top speed on the GPS was 43 mph trimmed up. RPMS at 5600 or so.
    Second prop was an Evinrude 3 bladed stainless steel 15 by 16" Top speed on the GPS was 45 mph trimmed up. RPMS at 5600 or so.
    Third prop was an Evinrude 3 bladed stainless steel 14 3/4" by 17". Top speed on the GPS was 47 mph trimmed up. RPMS at 5600 or so.
    Fourth prop was an Evinrude 3 bladed stainless steel 14 3/4" by 19". Top speed on the GPS was 47 mph trimmed up. RPMS at 5000 or so. I might use this prop for an extended day of cruising but not anything else as it was way to tall in my opinion.

The first three props were used for skiing and tubing. Pulling a pair of tubes was no problem as was pulling up a slalom skier. I also had a Bare Foot International Vee Drive boom on the boat. Pulling my 210 lb brother up on a slalom ski on the boom was easy requiring a little counter steering taking off. Excellent speed holding minor differences in acceleration. Very minor differences. Little if any bow lift with all of the props.

I liked the 15 by 15 prop about the best for skiing as it seemed I had a little better control.

Pete

Attached Files: