Dyne House Boat

Discussion in 'Hydrodyne Flat Tops' started by 2MERCS, Sep 1, 2009.

1. 2MERCS

2MERCS Administrator

Boat Model and Year:
    1973 Hydrodyne 18 w/Twin 1150 Mercs
    Here you go guys another unique boat sent to my email.

It was sent to me by Yvette from New York. Yvette is looking for information on it, and has confirmed that it is a 1969. I am hoping Tom or Ab can shed some light on the boat. I have asked that Yvette sign up on the forum to answer any questions that may arise.

Daniel

Attached Files:

2. Hollywood

Hollywood Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    none
    Cool! Could use a larger version of the top pic... :D

3. uglywrench

uglywrench New Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1969 Riviera
    Looks just like mine! Unfortunatly I'm looking for info on mine too. ;)

4. OBXfred

OBXfred

Boat Model and Year:
    None (at the moment)
    I just signed onto this site just because of seeing that houseboat. :hi:

I owned one of those about 10 years ago, and I have a ton hilarious stories about finding it, buying it, and everything afterwards. I loved that boat (the wife kinda hated it though)!!! But WTH??? Women, what are you going to do with them anyway? It was ugly enough to draw all sorts of attention everywhere we went in it. I loved pulling up to a weekend flotilla, with all of the regular wine and cheesers in attendance, in that thing!!! People would die laughing.

Those things aren't going to win any design awards for asthetics, but seriously, if you aren't hung up on appearances, and all joking aside, those things are a BLAST and great little houseboats!!!

I sold, or more like donated, that boat to two nice old retired gentlemen who would not stop bugging me about it. We supposedly came to an agreement at that time, considering the price that I was "giving" it away to them, that if they decided they didn't want it or were going to sell it, that they would call me first. And, it was in REALLY GREAT shape back then!!! Anyway, I just recently stumbled upon my old houseboat again, purely by accident, about 100 miles away, sitting in the woods, out in the middle no where, all beat up and abandoned. :x !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a shame!!! I definitely want it back, but it was so grown up and swampy around the boat that I couldn't even get close enough to see how bad shape it is in now. Had some great times on that thing though!!!