Hydrodyne Flat tops

Discussion in 'Hydrodyne® Boats' started by swarlen, Jul 21, 2009.

1. kevinb

kevinb Elite Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1985 HD 20' I/O 350 (Yep I/O Boat #2 of maybe7?)
    Ski Team:
    NA
    Re: Hydrodyne Flattops

I'll see if I can clarify/answer the questions within your post....

kevin 2 mercs fellow flattoppers hail one and all the big block ford is right out of some of the old corn trucks Idrove as a kid thats not a big problem' its that white colored outdrive thats bolted to the back side of the boat thats bothering me. White outdrive maybe a volvo judging from the boats ageFrom the 888 ford merc and 3merc alpha outdrives on otherboats with gm powerplants that I rebuilt merc outdrives are safe. Lake Powell in Utah is calling. There are very few parts there; based on the top side color of the boat I think its a60`s or 70`s unit that would go along with the police interceptor engine in it . Would the raw water pump be in the out drive? I am not that farmilar with the volvo outdrives ( if it is one) but there is a transfer pump in the mercruiser freshwater boatsI could not see the front of the engine. What outdrives cant we get parts for? Any one out there have pictures of any outdrives? Should I start looking for a winters coming and itstime to park the car in side merc outdrive parts boat? Kevin would it be ok if it was merc/gm repowered? thanks I need input jerry219

Jerry:

Some pictures of your project would speak millions and help to answer your questions. There are many examples of GM powerplants matched up with mercruiser outdrives but you reference an interceptor; is this not a FoMoCo product??

Kevin-