My Dyna-Ski Story

Discussion in 'Dyna-Ski® Boats' started by Corn Nut, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Corn Nut

Corn Nut

Boat Model and Year:
    2009 17.6 Open Bow with Evinrude Etec 130
    After years of watching the Hydrodynes and Dyna-Ski's pass by my house, last fall I decided to bite the bullet and buy Dyna-Ski of my own. Due in part to size and horsepower restrictions on our small lake, I chose the 17.6 open bow with an Evinrude Etec 130, and got in touch with PJP to build the boat over the winter for spring delivery. All winter I stewed over my decision, wondering if I had made the correct motor choice as the Etec 130 is a new motor, and this would be the first Pete had sold with the 130. My second concern was, now that I made this investment, what was I going to do with it? It had been many years since either my wife or I had skied, our kids are grown and on their own, and my grandkids are still too young to start skiing.

After my first test ride with Pete, I knew the motor would be fine. For the average skier like myself, it has all the low end power I need to pull even large skiers out of the water with enough top end to satisfy even the barefooters. The boat itself exceeds even my high expectations, but if you're a Hydrodyne/Dyna-Ski fan, I don't need to tell you that.

This left the question of what was I going to do with the boat once I got it home. After a couple test runs around our lake, the boat sat on the lift for a week or so when a fellow Dyna-Ski owner asked if I had had a chance to ski behind it yet. I said no, and he said he'd be at my house on Sunday morning at 9:00 to pull me behind my new boat. To make a long story short, Sunday morning led to Wednesday evening as well, and formation of a twice weekly ski group, numbering anywhere from 4 to 12 people. The group ranges in ability from those who struggle to get up on two skis to tournament skiers. After Sunday's sessions we have brunch provided by one of the members, Wednesday evenings are topped off by a few beers and complaints about how sore our old muscles are.

I have droned on too long, but my enthusiasm for my Dyna-Ski gets the best of me sometimes. It is, without question the best outboard ski boat made, and It's amazing how one boat can bring so many people together in a common and fun activity. By the way, the picture below is my boat, but it is not me skiing.

Attached Files:

2. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

Boat Model and Year:
    Twin Rigged Canoe
    Ski Team:
    East Palmdale Ski Rats
    Awesome story and welcome to the forum!!! :clapping: