Need info/help on my hyrodyne

Discussion in 'Questions/Comments' started by BobK11, Aug 7, 2014.

1. BobK11

BobK11 New Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    hydrodyne Interceptor
    Ski Team:
    na
    I just got this boat and I'm looking to get it back in the water soon! I have no paper work so I'm looking to find out what year it is and if there is a vin# any where's in it? I think it has to be in the early 60's? It has the 289ci? Interceptor motor. Would love any info on this boat! Thanks!!

Attached Files:

2. kevinb

kevinb Elite Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1985 HD 20' I/O 350 (Yep I/O Boat #2 of maybe7?)
    Ski Team:
    NA
    Not too good with the 1960's non-Tournament Skier hulls but probably one of these flat sheet flyers will help your cause. The flat sheets are part of my stuff I have collected on Hydrodyne in general. I recall a discussion on the 60's VIN on the drivers side rear (not the transom), outside stamp above the chine in the gel. Again, not too informed about the pre-1970's but you might take a look.

Hope this helps,

Kevin-

Attached Files:

3. kevinb

kevinb Elite Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1985 HD 20' I/O 350 (Yep I/O Boat #2 of maybe7?)
    Ski Team:
    NA
    18 Series XL.jpg 1750 Series.jpg 17 Hydrodyne i_o.jpg Or.... it may be one of these depending on the length and transom styling.

4. wentworthto1

wentworthto1 Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1961 Hydrodyne I/O BB70
    I'm guessing '63-'65. You can find a metal tab glassed in near the transom on the chine "shelf" on the driver's side. Mine was very rusty and hard to tell what the engraving said. It really won't tell you anything of significance though...public records were not kept about vin numbers back then.