New member, owner. w/pics!

Discussion in 'Hydrodyne® Boats' started by Lincoln7, Jul 26, 2010.

1. kevinb

kevinb Elite Hydrodyner

Boat Model and Year:
    1985 HD 20' I/O 350 (Yep I/O Boat #2 of maybe7?)
    Ski Team:
    NA
    WOW! great boat. what kind of hydraulic steering do you have on it? pics maybe? ive tried to add power steering, but the merc. cylinder wont fit.
    Kevin, how is yours set up?

To reply to your inquiry.

I have a standard rack & pinion setup that came original to the boat. I took a look at the seastar system a few years back but with the riser clearance on the transomof the 75 is tight and I didn't think it would work (see pic). Looking forward of some pics of the 77 shydraulic steering setup.

I have a bit of torque steer with a 21p 3blade SST when trimmed in all the way in but not much torque steer at all with a 19p High-five (the High-five really works great with the steup and provides exceptional hole-shot). I was advised of a wear and potential shim issues (thanks jim) on the drivers side of the outdrive which has worn down quite a bit on the 75 and shimming would probably change the handling characteristics if corrected but I haven't gotten around to making the adjustment. Heading to the H2O somewhers tomorrow to cool off with the 75 in tow. Windy on Sunday so the NACRA 6.0 coes on the hitch.

Have a great weekend all,

Kevin-

Have a great weekend

Attached Files: