Web Site Information

Discussion in 'Dyna-Ski® Boats' started by PJP, Jan 19, 2010.

1. PJP

PJP

We typically update the web site around this time of year adding new pictures and information. Sometimes we add products and more services. What do you like to see on a web site for boats?

Before you say prices, please understand that it is impossible to put prices on web sites as motor and trailer manufacturers don't want to see published prices for their products on the internet. In the past dealers didn't like them either as it locks them up a bunch.

Also their are regional problems with pricing. For instance motor manufacturers have different prices for US motors and motors sold in Canada and other countries. I'm not just talking about the exchange rate either. Requirements for trailers vary from state to state and country to country.

So here is your chance to tell us what you like, I'm not saying we will do it but we do listen and read.

2. Corn Nut

Corn Nut

Boat Model and Year:
    2009 17.6 Open Bow with Evinrude Etec 130
    How about some video?

3. PJP

PJP

We have considered it. Ironically I make a living in the video business. I help broadcast sporting events for many networks. My goal this coming summer si to shoot some video of all the boats and skiers. The i will edit the videos and decide if they belong on the web site. It does take a lot of space.

What would you like to see?

4. PJP

PJP

We have considered it. Ironically I make a living in the video business. I help broadcast sporting events for many networks. My goal this coming summer is to shoot some video of all the boats and skiers. The I will edit the videos and decide if they belong on the web site. It does take a lot of space.

What would you like to see?

5. Corn Nut

Corn Nut

Boat Model and Year:
    2009 17.6 Open Bow with Evinrude Etec 130
    Video of boats and skiers is good, but perhaps you could do one of you showing the Dyna Ski up close and pointing out the features of the boat.

6. Bryan

Bryan Administrator

Boat Model and Year:
    Twin Rigged Canoe
    Ski Team:
    East Palmdale Ski Rats
    A nice "infomercial" type video detailing the features would be cool.

If you have contractual obligations regarding prices, you have contractual obligations, but personally when I visit a site to buy something, or read an ad in the paper even, if the price isn't listed, I go someplace else. It's a complete waste of my time when I can go to any other site and get the price. Lost my business right up front.

Now with a custom boat, it's obviously slightly different. But a system like car dealerships and computer manufacturers have, where you can select various options and get a price, would make perfect sense.

7. PJP

PJP

The suggestions for the video is great. I'll make sure to try and do that.

As for pricing. I don't see prices on many boat companies web sites. I could put list prices for boats on line. They might scare people away though. Boats don't often sell for list price and neither do motors or trailers. The motor and the trailer companies don't want selling prices on line. They don't like list prices on line either. The motor and the trailer costs are a fairly big part of the water ready package price.

I often have special deals on promo and demo motors available. These are often one shot deals for one motor and often times sell very quickly. So having a low one of a kind price on the web site isn't fair to anyone. There are several names for it and it is also illegal in some states.

Dealers may put package priced boats, used boats and left over stuff on the internet but again I am not a dealer.

I have one demo boat in stock a 2010 20' Open Bow with an Evinrude 200 HO remaining from last year. It was my personal demo.